In order to update the current approach to registration and quality assurance, the College has submitted proposed amendments to Regulation 202/94 (under the Pharmacy Act) to the Ministry of Health. It is anticipated that the government will approve these in the coming year.
The proposed amendments will allow for a more efficient registration process and an enhanced approach to quality assurance in the interest of patient health outcomes and safety.
To help applicants, students, interns, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and supervisors understand what the change mean for them, the College has put together an Upcoming Changes to the College’s Registration and Quality Assurance Regulations webpage, including FAQs.
The FAQs addresses concerns and questions related to impacts on:
- Currently registered pharmacy students
- Students currently studying in a pharmacy technician program
- Currently registered pharmacy interns
- Supervisors of pharmacy students and/or pharmacy technician applicants
- Currently licensed pharmacy technicians
- Currently licensed pharmacists
Please visit the webpage to understand any effects on registration status and quality assurance activities once the regulations are approved.