The College continually assesses, creates and updates the guidance and resources available on our website to provide necessary information for pharmacy professionals. Please ensure you are subscribed to e-Connect to receive notifications when major updates or additions are made.
Below is a summary of the guidance documents and resources that were updated or added in 2020, including many that were revised to account for specific changes to practice required as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
POLICIES AND POSITION STATEMENTS
- Authenticity of Prescriptions Using Unique Identifiers for Prescribers
- Centralized Prescription Processing (Central Fill)
- Faxed Transmission of Prescriptions
- Opioid Policy
GUIDELINES AND GUIDANCE
- Administering a Substance by Injection or Inhalation
- COVID-19 Testing of Asymptomatic Persons in Community Pharmacies – NEW!
- Initiating, Adapting and Renewing Prescriptions
- Prescribing and Providing Controlled Substances During the Coronavirus Pandemic – NEW!
- Temporary Method for Transmitting Prescriptions via Unsecure Email During COVID-19 – NEW!
- Delivery of Prescriptions
- Destruction of Narcotics, Controlled Drugs and Targeted Substances
- Forgery: Management and Reporting of Fraudulent Prescriptions
- Key Requirements for Methadone Maintenance Treatment
- Narcotic Prescription Part-Fills
- Patch for Patch Fentanyl Return Program
- Prescriber Registration Status Change
- Prescription Expiry
- Prescription Transfers
- Releasing Personal Health Information
WEBPAGES AND ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:
- COVID-19 Page for Professionals – NEW!
- COVID-19 Page for the Public – NEW!
- Quick links to the Ministry of Health
- Quick Links to the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner
- Administering Injections
- Communication and Education
- Decision Making
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Methadone and Buprenorphine
- Patient Assessment
- Practice Assessments – NEW!