Several new topics are in development for Pharmacy5in5, an interactive learning platform created by the University of Waterloo School of Pharmacy and supported and funded, in part, by the College.
The series is designed to help you, as a pharmacist or pharmacy technician, strengthen your knowledge in a variety of practice areas.
New modules will focus on Hypertension, Drug-induced Kidney Injury, and Inventory Management of Narcotic and Controlled Substances. Updates on the completion of each of these programs, as well as a new mobile app, will be announced in e-Connect and content will be featured in upcoming issues of Pharmacy Connection.
Recognizing the time pressures faced by many pharmacy professionals, the platform lets you test your knowledge on a given topic by taking a short quiz and answering just five questions in five minutes. With the platform, you can self-audit your knowledge and acquire a deeper understanding of a number of clinical and professional topics. You can also measure your learning outcomes against those of your peers.
HOW IT WORKS
- Simply log into the Pharmacy5in5 website, create your own account with an email and password of your choosing and take an interactive quiz on a topic you choose. Current topics include renewals, immunization, hypertension, injection administration, adaptations, pharmacy technician scope of practice, cannabis and naloxone, among others. While some quizzes review facts and considerations on a given topic, others introduce you to a fictitious scenario in a pharmacy where you must answer questions and make decisions.
- At the end of the quiz, you’ll see your score and can view which questions you’ve answered incorrectly. You will also have the opportunity to improve your knowledge by reviewing a number of relevant educational resources including case studies, videos, infographics, helpful websites, and more.
- Pharmacy5in5 adds up your score based on all the quizzes you’ve completed and lets you see how you performed in comparison to other pharmacy professionals who have taken the quizzes.
- The platform was developed using educational psychology and health services research, including theories of behaviour change, multimedia learning, audit, feedback and game-based learning.
- In partnering with the University of Waterloo, OCP hopes to get a better idea of areas where the province’s pharmacy professionals need more support. It will also allow the College to track progress in optimizing scope of practice and providing safe and quality pharmacy care. The College will be provided with anonymized aggregate data only.
Pharmacy5in5 assists you in providing better patient care by helping you easily identify strengths and weaknesses in key practice areas and then giving you the tools and resources to improve where needed. No commercial funding is involved in the production of Pharmacy5in5.
Pharmacy professionals need to stay abreast of all current and emerging issues in practice and this platform helps you stay up-to-date with these issues. Over time, the platform will be updated with new content.
GET STARTED NOW
Take advantage of this innovative learning platform today. Simply log into the Pharmacy5in5 website and take an interactive quiz on a topic of interest. It’s anticipated that a Pharmacy5in5 app, which will be compatible with both iPhone and Android devices, will be available at the end of the year.