ALL COMMUNITY PHARMACY DESIGNATED MANAGERS MUST COMPLETE THE PSSA BY DECEMBER 31, 2021
What is the PSSA?
The PSSA is an informative quality improvement tool that allows for the proactive identification of areas of potential risk within a pharmacy’s work processes and provides a baseline understanding of a pharmacy’s medication safety rating. This information is then used to plan improvement activities and monitor the impacts of those improvements over time as they work to enhance patient safety.
Who should complete the PSSA?
The PSSA is to be completed by all community pharmacy Designated Managers. It should be done in collaboration with the entire pharmacy team to ensure seamless implementation of the identified opportunities for improvement.
When should the PSSA be completed?
The PSSA should be completed before December 31st, 2021, for the first time, and then at least once every two to three years. If there is a significant change to the pharmacy it can be completed more frequently. Overall, the PSSA takes only a few hours to complete and does not need to be completed at one time.
Where can the PSSA be completed?
The PSSA is available on the AIMS Pharmapod platform and can only be accessed through a Designated Manager’s Pharmapod account. For login inquiries see the AIMS contact information box to the right.
Why should the PSSA be completed?
The PSSA is a mandatory component of the AIMS Program, which acts as a foundational assessment of a pharmacy’s work processes which could translate into medication incidents or near misses. This is a great opportunity for pharmacy managers to engage their pharmacy team towards creating a culture of safety.
AIMS PROGRAM UPDATES
- The AIMS e-training modules are available on both the OCP website and the AIMS Pharmapod platform
- After completing each module, registrants can print a certificate of completion to confirm they have reviewed the content. This certificate of completion may be kept for your own records and does not need to be submitted to the College
AIMS CONTACT INFORMATION
- Account activation and Designated Manager changes firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical or account log-in issues email@example.com
- AIMS Program standards and expectations
AIMS@ocpinfo.com or Website
- Pharmacy staff with login issues Contact the Designated Manager